I saw the movie for the umpteenth time last night and I finally got it.
This is what the movie says:
1) In every game and con there is always a victim and there is always an opponent. It's good to know when you are the former so you can become the latter.
2) But the question is how do you prepare yourself for this game?
3) You only get smater by playing a smarter opponent.
4) The smarter the game the smarter the opponent
5) Checkers is an example of such a game. Chess is a better game. Debate is an even better opportunity to learn and so on.
6) But the question is where does the game stop? or one can ask what is the smartest game one can play?
7) The answer according to the movie is: "The game of con you play with yourself".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The text below has been added on 3 Dec 2008 and is based on a comment posted on October 30, 2008, at time 4:12 PM. I have only recently understood what this person meant and it is …
My journey so far has been about discovering the meta rules of how the self works. The essence of what I have learnt is that the self can change and in fact does change every time it undergoes an experience. Where any experience is significant because of the meaning it carries for us. It means something to us by the fact: it changes our feelings from state (state a) to another state (state b). Where this movement between states is a process we can call witnessing. The exercise of witnessing can be powerful and enriching. In fact if we could communicate what we have witnessed through poetry or through prose, perhaps with the aid of metaphors, we could share these experiences with our family, friends and with the larger community. Thus to go in retrospect and search for meaning in the experiences we have had can help us grow mature, become stronger and make us more aware.
1) She should be a home maker. 10 on a scale of 10 2) I should be able to fall in love with her and her with me … 7 on a scale of 10.
10 on a scale of 1-10 for this criteria because I consider my family my second self. The better my partner will be at making my family the best the better off my second self will be. Who doesn’t want to aim for the best? In accordance with this she should have the best of the characteristics that every home maker should have:
1) Intelligent 2) Practical 3) Ability to take stress and bounce back – agility of mind 4) High level of commitment 5) Principled 6) Caring 7) Want her children to be the best 8) Want to learn how to make her children the best
Of course there is an ideal woman out there who would rank very high in all these areas. But then I have to be practical too. I would want to marry the most ideal woman who is compatible with me. Compatibility is covered in the second criteria.