Saturday, February 27, 2010

From Darkness into Noor [Light]

What is the Purpose?

O Allah

Protect me!
Terror surrounds me,
from the sides.

O Malik,

Make this simple for me,

O Rabb

Sweeten this for me.

O most Powerful!

make this terror apart from me,

You hath created me!

You have designed me!

You hath built my soul,
made it into,
one which receives from Noor.

O Lord of Creation,
O Overwhelmer of that which overwhelms;
O King of kings,

O Architect,
Architect Of the mightiest architects!

Harmonize me into this surrounding.

I come from You,
so each challenge I faceth
hath a solution within,
so no challenge shall persist;
each answer shall come to me,
as words You place in me.

Take this terror, O Lord!
turn it to a beautiful sweetness
so I see the world like your beloveds do;
just as one ought to.

Is the purpose not but to simply witness?
~
See each piece of coal turn from dust into jewel.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely , a prayer that is as good as it can get. Amazing confidence but that is so eminent always in your lines. A Hamd, turned towards a Naat in the end is so stirring on the day which belongs to the Greatest that we know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm...nice Faraz...

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with Dar Sahib! And am so thrilled by the ending:

    Is the purpose not but to simply witness?
    ~
    See each piece of coal turn from dust into jewel.

    ReplyDelete