Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our fixation with glory has to end

Our mind unfortunately,
has the habit and ability to take each situation
and glorify it completely; for us.

It sensationalizes it so much,
we loose clarity completely.

One way to reverse this
is to expose this;
and witness our own chatter,
while promising to keep away from glory.

I do this by writing it down;
a catharsis for my diseased heart.

Now leaving the death-bed
we share with glory,
can we begin to witness this world;
it's wonders as they truly are!

But glory beguiles me,
weakening my power to witness;
distracting me chews on my attention.

It's a bit like those games
where we had to count the number of deers
that are hidden in the picture somehow;
in a picture that's right before us.

When we're distracted it's difficult to pinpoint them.

These many myriad wonders of creation
put in this world in plain view.

2 comments:

  1. hmm...I do this by writing it down....awesome....good work Faraz...

    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody said:

    Magnificently written as this is, the poet in me feels that the last two lines clash with the first 3, albiet I reiterate, this is only in my interpretation of it! :D

    For without glorifying in our mind the amazingness of simple things, we wud miss out on the myriad of creations that exist in plain view.

    ----------
    The answer:

    The more one glorifies the obvious
    the harder it gets to move beyond them.

    ReplyDelete