Thursday, November 19, 2009

Her

Her company
teleports me into clouds
carried with an angelic grace,
her stunning innocence,
and breathtaking beauty,
it seems for my awe
that I behold and witness
the Rab has created
all this for HIS recognition
this mystery that speaks
a creature of the Garden
- Faraz Haider

*Rab: Arabic word connoting a caring, protecting, nurturing God.

if the morning breeze, a lock of yours, unloosens
a thousand lives prisoned, from their cares, are freed
- Ameer Khusro

@ Ameer Khusro:
Pretty obvious why Mr. Khusro!
A spectacle such as this would dissolve away the cares of me and many of my brothers!
Alhamdollilah.

3 comments:

  1. I have read the first draft also the revised version is simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome poetry...Mr Haider.....

    hmmm....and when a scholar said...."Speak of Poetry"?

    Poet answered, saying... "You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts; and when you can no longer dwell in the solitude of your heart, it gives out poetry".

    Enjoy your dwelling in solitude of heart....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete